Greetings and salutations, my loves!
I have been having a WEEK with the girl problems. So I distracted myself with art. Then hated the art, painted it black, and distracted myself by redoing the art. Life is an adventure. 😉
We are 9 weeks in! Yay!! This week’s prompt is all about the heart.
Every perception is an invitation into revelation.
Hrdaya is, essentially, the heart. But, more deeply, it is the deepest reality, the core, the essence, the most secret part of anything and everything. It is true or divine knowledge. It is science – gathering your truest knowledge about the universe through your senses. It is the region of the emotional heart, the place where feelings and sensations live.
It is your truest, most deeply-held perception of the thing you hold dearest.
This week’s art came out of a revelation about myself, the things I stand for, the things I am. Like I said above, I did a whole different painting that I ended up painting black before starting over. It wasn’t ME. It was true enough, aligned with my purpose, but not ME. And being true to myself is something that is essential. So the weirdo girl came out. And the weirdos will remain.
In the full video, I said, “I’d rather be interesting than accessible.” Which is everything to me.
What is everything to you?
What unlocks your capacity for understanding the world as you know it?
What fuels you?
Only you can answer those questions. Only you can unlock the perceptions of the things YOU hold to be vital. Listen to your heart <3
Here’s a lovely (and short) guided meditation.
Here’s some music attuned to the heart chakra – you can listen to it with your eyes closed, focusing on your breathing, or watch the images.
With any meditation, coming at them from a place of love and understanding for your busy and distracted brain really helps. Everyone’s brain is noisy. <3
Ways to work with this prompt:
- Think about your deepest reality. Work with that, whatever it may be. What is the thing that drives your truest self?
- Meditate on your heart. Be your most loving self to yourself, even if just for a minute.
- Explore the concepts of divine knowledge, scientific observation, your senses versus the things you know to be true even though they’re intangible.
- Use any of these quotes:
- I plant the seeds of love in my heart. – Julia Cameron
- Love, that all gentle hearts so quickly know. – Dante Alighieri
- All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life’s heart. – Khalil Gibran
- Listen to your heart <3 NO FOR REAL DO IT. :*
Here’s your time lapse video for this week:
As always, the full lesson is available on patreon for Mixed Media level 2 and up <3
The Facebook group is also available if you’re down for that!
See you next week! xo