HELLO MY DUDES!!
My apologies for the sporadicness of the posting of the promptings. Something had to give, and this is what gave. BOO.
Anyway, I’m back!!
This week… Doors. Openings. Orifices. (i thought really hard about painting a vagina and then decided to spare you. ha!)
Dvara is a door. It is an opening, particularly an opening of the body. It is a gate, a lock, an aperture, a way, and a means.
It is the blessing of choice – you can choose whether a door is open or a door is closed. With this choice, you are given permission to turn inward.
Close all of your doors. You could go fully hardcore and do this with a sensory deprivation tank, but who has one of those laying around? If you do, I want to come over.
Close your ears. Plug them with your fingers, cutting off all input. Close your eyes. Close your mouth. Breathe softly through your nose and sit in the silence. Open your inner eyes and look upon your inner landscape. Open the door to your heart. See everything through that doorway. As much as you are able, see everything through the lens of love.
Ways to work with this prompt:
- Journal about doorways – things you allow in, things you keep out.
- Close your doors, cutting off as much sensory input as possible. When the brain does its brainy thing, look at those scattered thoughts through the doorway of your heart. Be patient with yourself.
- Explore the concepts of openings, doors, ways and means. Paint a vagina. 😉
- Use any of the following quotes:
- “See everything through the doorway of your heart” – me! DAMN I’M DEEP. Haha!
- “Love is the door.” – Osho
- “Let my love open the door to your heart.” – Pete Townshend
- “Knock at the door of your own heart.” – Rumi
- Give yourself permission to close the door. Or open the door. Or rip it off the hinges. It’s your damn door. <3
I’ll see you next week, my loves!! Time lapse coming your way, pinky-swear! If you’re a Patreosaur, time lapse coming your way as soon as I get it edited! <3
Now go love somebody or something. You count as somebody.