Greetings and salutations, my little peach pops <3
I hope this week finds you well, filled with wonder and delight and not furious anger and disgust (which is where I find myself this week). So it is, so it is. 😉
This week is all about Madhya, which is the middle.
a human being is something the universe created to link the below and the above
Madhya is the middle that embraces all. It is the middle of the sky, the belly, a woman’s waist, the space between. The space between the eyebrows. Midnight. The middle finger.
It is all about being the thing that links the earth and the sky.
The lyric “here I am, stuck in the middle with you” ran through my head the entire time I was working with this prompt. But I ended up working with midnight after I found the quote, “treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight.” Because how wonderful is that idea? If you gave everyone the care and consideration you would give someone who had less than 24 hours to live? Wonderful.
Ways to work with this prompt:
- Think about the middle, what it means to link the above and below.
- Visit places with huge, open expanses of sky and/or places where the beauty of the earth abounds. Let yourself be the link between them. Focus your attention on the sweet spot (as I like to call it), that space between your eyebrows.
- Explore the concepts of midnight and the spaces between.
- Use any of the following quotes:
- “a human being is something the universe created to link the below and the above”
- “treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight”
- “stuck in the middle with you”
- Raise your middle finger to injustice. haha!!
Have a wonderful week!! Timelapse for this painting is available for Patreon supporters (or will be in a couple of hours)!