HelloooooO!! I’m sitting here looking out the window and watching the snow fall. It’s supposed to be 70 by Sunday, though, so there’s THAT. Yesterday was my middle child’s 15th birthday. OMG15. Nothing makes you feel old like your kids aging.
This week, it’s all about vessels. And.. celebrities?
Be a soul who is a chalice for love to pour into the world
Patra is SO MANY THINGS. A vessel/goblet/bowl/cut/pot/receptacle. A meal that has been placed in or on a dish. A capable or competent person. An actor or celebrity. A leaf. An order or command. A king’s counselor.
My favorite definition, though, is anyone worthy of or fit for abounding in.
What a lovely thought.
Think about the qualities that would make someone worthy of abounding in. How can you embody those qualities to be someone worthy of being abounded in?
…These sentences are so awkward.
I took a Roxanne Coble class (bybun.com), and it really influenced the way I’ve been doing backgrounds. I’m really loving it. Also, yay weirdos.
One of the ways you can practice Patra is through appreciation of celebrities, capable people who manifest a specific energy or state of being. So, instead of meditations this week, I have music videos.
So. Bowie. Right before he died (two days before), this album dropped. And it is delicious in its weirdness. Bowie is the embodiment of the energy I most appreciate – unabashed weirdness, deep appreciation and curiosity, tripping through life with a smirk and an eyebrow raise. There are also elements of unbridled spirituality and delving into mystery, which also really appeals to me. I could write about this stuff all day, so I’ll stop there. ha!
“If I’m feeling unsafe in the direction I’m going, then I’m going in the right direction.”
This, to me, is the ultimate energy I want to abound in.
Ways to work with this prompt:
- What does it mean to you to be a worthy vessel? How can you most embody the energy you would want to disappear into? How can you be worthy of abounding in?
- Think about a celebrity or artist that you most resonate with – explore the energy they bring into the world. Really delve into it.
- Explore the concepts of vessels, capable people, competence, worthiness, abounding.
- Use the quote “Be a soul who is a chalice for love to pour into the world.” Use any quote by someone you find fascinating. For example, I would use “at the center of it all, your eyes” from Black Star.
- Embody the energy you want to abound in. <3
And that’s all for me this week!! I’m going to go listen to Bowie albums now. The timelapse for this week’s page is available to Patreon supporters!